Spicy Corn Soup
What a fantastic way to balance your energies and bring a bit of heat into your body over these cold winter days. It's amazing how quick and simple this soup is. The flavours are so bold that Jason even thought I used a curry paste... Wrong, you only need a few ingredients which you should be able to find in your kitchen. So if you are bored of a traditional Corn Chowder, this may just be the way to bring a bit of twist to your classic favourite. Warming, healthy & satisfying!
4 cups frozen sweet corn
2 tbsp ghee (clarified butter)
1 tsp cumin seeds
1 handful coriander leaves
2 cm piece fresh ginger (pealed)
1/4 tsp ground black pepper
1. Heat up the ghee in the pot together with cumin seeds and wait until they start to pop.
2. In the meantime, blend or crush the coriander leaves with ginger to make a paste and add it to the pot.
3. Add the sweet corn with black pepper and pour over 3 cups of water. Mix it well.
4. Cook for about 20 minutes. Take it off the heat and blend the soup until it's got a creamy texture.
5. Add salt to taste and garnish with some coriander leaves.
Note: If you don't have the ghee handy, you can substitute it with a coconut oil.